Rust Question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rust Question
From: Patrick Bitton <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 20:13:00 -0700
Hello,

        I started to remove the fenders of my TR-6 and noticed that the
bolts on the headlight part of the fenders were rusted. I had trouble
getting to them and when I did they were so rusted that they wouldn't come
off. I thought maybe if a unbolt the fenders and the valance I would have an
easier time. But the bolts holding the fender to the valance were in the
same condition. I finally removed them by breaking the bolts or prying them
off. Can someone give me an easier trick to removing rusted on bolts?

        I would like to remove the valance now that the fenders are off. Is
it possible that the valance is welded to the inner shell of the car? If so,
how do I remove it?

Thanks
Patrick
1970 TR-6 1rst Yellow, then Blue, Now Red
CC 52138 0
1974 TR-6 Orange
CF-135480