Water shorted switch TR6

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Water shorted switch TR6
From: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 24 Aug 97 23:03:05 EDT
Listers-

I decided today to clean all the old oily muck all over my engine- a gift of the
DPO. After using Gunk to loosen up the muck( when does that stink go away?)  and
covering most of the electrical components with baggies,  I managed to
successfully hose the engine off without wrecking anything serious that is
electrical, with the sole exception of the brake warning switch-now the warning
light is on all the time ( at least I know the bulb works : - ))

I think its pretty much dried out at this point, so is it safe to say that an
electrical short caused by water sitting in the depression where the wire goes
in fried the switch to replacement status, or can a switch be saved somehow? If
I remove the wire and then hook it up again, the light stays out for a minute or
so, but then comes back on. Also, does it matter which of the two pins that one
wire is hooked up to?

TIA

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6