Re: How to ground Spit steering column so horn works ?

To: Joseph R Schneider <joe-schneider@nwu.edu>
Subject: Re: How to ground Spit steering column so horn works ?
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 20:11:12 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Assuming the Spitfire horn system is the same as the TR 4/4A... I
disagree.  The ground works it's way from the grounded rack & Pinion...
up the shaft... via wire through each of the two rubber couplings...
along the shaft... up through the horn switch mechanism. A couple years
ago, I went through this system, carefully, restoring proper
service...

It's possible the Spitfire is different... but having seen how the main
diffrence between the early spits and the TR 4, in regards to
steering... is a different length outer-aluminum shaft... etc...  I
would think they were wired the same.

Anyways...  anyone else have input?

--Justin