Product Accolades (Ignition)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Product Accolades (Ignition)
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 09:26:00 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I had a chance to install a Crane/Allison electronic ignition system in
my TR6 this weekend. The results: WAY COOL.

I've had this ignition box sitting around for about six months, so I
figured it was time to "take the plunge" and install it. At any rate,
installation is a snap - provided that you have instructions.

Once installed, the unit worked flawlessly. I had to tweek the timing a
bit, but other than that it was a snap.

The result: the car starts on the first turn of the key, and all of the
annoying stumbling that I have been experiencing since installing the
Weber DCOE 40's are gone. The car pulls solidly from 1000 all the way up
to the red line. Wo.

I had a chance to test it at an autox this weekend. If the driver had been
working as well as the ignition, I would have been right there with the
champs for my class. The car has way more power now. But the driver still
needs work ;-).

Next stop: the DYNO. Let's see what this baby is doing for measurable power.

Later,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |