Spitfire - Body Removal

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire - Body Removal
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:44:03 +0100

     I am pleased to announce that 4 years and 11 months since I drove my
     Spitfire 1500 into my garage for the last time, that last night, with
     the help of 3 colleagues from work, I separated the body tub from the
     chassis.
     I have never said that the restoration would be a quick job - it has
     always been my intention that ever task must be perfect before the
     next one is started.  I do sometimes wonder how long it will
     eventually take me though.
     My girlfriend, wife to be in 9 days time, is already starting to get
     excited about the first drive, as she has never actually driven
     anywhere in it (I have only known her for 4 years and 10 months).  I
     had to keep reminding her that there is still a long way to go yet.

     Let the chassis / suspension rebuild begin.

     Cheerio

     Pat