Re: What year is my spit?

To: compubbs@nbnet.nb.ca
Subject: Re: What year is my spit?
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 28 Aug 97 9:09:43
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
PAUL CORMIER wrote:

>>I'm starting to wonder exactly what year my spitfire is.  Registration
papers say 1966, but certain things on the car make me think it's a mk3
instead.  Perhaps the PO used mk3 replacement parts...?
I found a web site that confirms that my comm. No (FC-706xx) is for a
'66 spit - can anyone tell me is this info is correct?<<

Sounds about right to me.  My source indicates that the Mk 2 was made
from Dec. *64 to Jan. *67, comm. numbers FC 50,001-FC 88,904.  I presume
you just could not remember your last two digits?

But as you know, registrations are not an accurate source for the build year.
And if
you happen to have a 1296-er under the hood, you might not be thinking
*1966* ...

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 III