Used Parts Motherlode

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Used Parts Motherlode
From: vitesse@juno.com (Hugh R McAleer)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:46:41 EDT
Cc: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Hi lists,

Thought this might be of some interest to some of you.  No financial
interests, etc,etc.

Today a buddy and I drove about 3 hours west to Merrill's Cars and Parts
in Piedmont AL and visited a junkyard.  A fair amount of picked over
Triumphs were there but there were some surprises and I wanted to pass
them on to you.  To give them a call dial 205-447-6611.  I asked if they
would deal in the mail, and after a pause, the owner said "Probably".

TR Stuff...Several TR6s with motors that appeared fairly complete.  3-4
TR6s still have the transmissions in them.  1 TR6 had SU carbs on it.
There was one overdrive trans.  Some sheet metal is salvageable as is
some glass.  There was a TR4 with a complete looking motor.  There were 2
TR3s....don't know what years ( sorry ) but one had the front apron
laying on the ground in front of it so that the radiator could be
removed, from there back, it appeared to be complete.  Prices for the TR6
stuff is as follows...motor.. around $450-550, o/d trans, $500,
Differentials, $275.

Spit-GT6 Several Spits in fair to poor condition with motors and trans in
the cars.  1-3 GT6 had the motors.  Lots of good to very good trim pieces
left.  Not much in the way of decent interiors.  I only priced a GT6 hood
- MK3 - $250, lots of surface rust.

Wedge Stuff.  NO TR8s!  Lots of 7s.  Including 3 white spoke Victory
edition wheels ( $30 each )  1 victory edition, 1 Southern Skys TR7, and
several coupes and convertible.  Several had the motors and there was at
least one auto car, some 4 speeds, and some 5 speeds.  There was one that
really might be of interest....a FI convertible that looked complete.  He
wouldn't give me a price on the FI engine...said he'd have to look at it.
 There was also a TR7 with BWA wheels on it that looked pretty good
condition.  He wants $200 for the set.

There were a lot of MGBs, a bug eye in fair shape, a Rover TC2000, and 2
Morris Minor convertibles, 2 Morris woodies ( wood almost non-existent )
and a Morris pick up.  These looked fairly complete, but were rough.
There was also a Sunbeam Imp that still had the motor in it.

Again I have nothing to gain from this, just trying to pass on a parts
source.

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA
'68 TR 250,