Gas Fumes from TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gas Fumes from TR6
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 21:52:32 -0700
Happy Hoilday Weekend :-)

I have always had gas fume smells since I've
owned my '70 TR6. It is most noticable if I have the hood
up and also when you open the trunk.  I had the gas tank out when
the car was painted and there is absolutely (I think) no sign
of any leaks. The entire emission breathing system is removed
from the car and the tank does not have any means to "breath"
other than through the fuel filler.

Any thoughts on what may be causing the smell of gas in the
trunk and driving compartment? I'm sure I am missing the obvious,
but it just isn't coming to me. I haven't checked the fuel line,
but this shouldn't cause a build up of fumes inside the body,
right??

Thanks for the help.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA