Re: Tires

To: "Karl F. Rau" <krau@ns.pivot.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 22:13:02 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Karl F. Rau wrote:

> First..thanks for all the responses to my octane question. Now I have a
> new one re: tires. First does anyone have a used rim for '73 TR6 and a
> 185x15 redline? I need one that is serviceable for a spare (car came wo
> one). Although I didn't want to buy a new tire, I called Coker the other
> day and they won't have any in this size for "months"! Price $170! I
> wasn't prepared for that. Next spring I probably will need a set of 4
> new tires...they suggested using 195-75-15. Has anybody tried this size
> and what impact will this have on speedo and odo? Price was $120 (still
> plenty) or a savings of 200 for a set of 4. Anyone tried anything else
> with good results?
>
> Yours in sport
>
> Karl Rau
>
> '73 TR6 10534

Karl:

I bought 4 BF Goodrich Touring tires, 205-70 15 for about $55 ea. I
really
like the size since they fill out the wheel wells but have no clearance
problems. Have received many comments on how great they look. Alot of
rubber
on the road and really improved handling.  By the way, I have one of the
original Michelin Red Lines 185s as my spare.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6