Re: Messerschmit Bf109 etc

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Subject: Re: Messerschmit Bf109 etc
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 08:30:02 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:

> Richard,yes it was the same RR engined Messerschmit Bf109 that was we enjoyed
> watching at the TSSC Duxford show last Sunday,5th October 1997.

Leon,
        I don't know which Bf109 you saw at Duxford, (I never got there - it's a
long story), but Black 6 was the aircraft which crashed, which was significant
for
being the only flyable 109 with the original Daimler Benz DB605 engine fitted.
ALL
of the other flying 109s are post war Spanish built "Buchon" variants, most
being