Dove Kit....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dove Kit....
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 10:29:39 EST
While we're talking about "kit" cars--

Has anyone thought to recreate the GTR4 Dove? I've thought about buying an MGB
GT but the
Dove would be so much better.

You folks who are wondering what I'm talking about -- the GTR4 Dove was a
"factory
blessed" conversion of the TR4 in to a Hatchback. I believe the conversions
were carried
out by Harrington's (a respected ambulance mfgr.) and sold by Dove Ltd., a
Triumph
"dealer" near London. I think it looks really cool and it would be quite
practical. The
MGB GT seems about the size of a GT6 (inside) with about 2/3 the power. But you
could
easily build the Dove on a TR4, TR4A or even a 6cyl TR250 platform -- although
I still
prefer the 4cyl. cars...

...any thoughts, wise ones?
Christopher M.Lillja