Re: Dove Kit....

To: Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Dove Kit....
From: "Keith A. Edwards" <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 21:13:32 -0500
Chris Lillja wrote:

>Does anyone know of any Doves in the USA? Perhaps we could convince some kind
>soul to
>let us take a mold off theirs. I'm pretty sure the originals were fiberglass,
>not metal.
>I would think this would make the process easier.
>
>The modifications were straight forward enough. The gas tank went where the
>spare is,
>the spare went on top of that with a false floor. There was space left on the
>sides for
>tools, whatever. There was a fold-down rear seat.
>
>Hmm... perhaps an aftermarket hardtop (non surrey top) could be modified. Use
>a GT6 rear
>hatch -- we could be on to something here...
>
>Does anyone in the UK have any idea where the original molds got to?

I have seen such a pieced together TR, nearly.  It was a TR6, with
factory hardtop and GT6 hatch and surrounding steel.  It really seemed
to "work", and bodywork looked to be done well.  The car was For Sale,
maybe 5 years ago, around Williamsburg, Virginia.

Wonder what became of the car...

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
kedwards@norfolk.infi.net