re: Eaton Supercharger on TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Eaton Supercharger on TR6
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik.quackenbush@scala.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 09:59:40 -0500
It looks cool. I'd be interested to see some actual measurements though. HP
on a dyno or at least a 1/4 mile time. I thought about doing the same thing
to my TR-6 PI engine. I even contacted an Eaton distributor. When I told
him it was for a TR-6 he told me their superchargers were designed for fuel
injected applications only (he assumed that all TR-6s used carbs). While
that wasn't a problem for me (didn't seem to stop Dr. Formice eaither!), I
did have another problem. I'm running 10:1 compression which means I can't
really use any additional boost (not that I really need it). Since I
already have a fast TR-6 (headers, cam, etc.) it didn't make sense for me
to lower my compression ratio just to add a supercharger.

Now my friend Randell is another story. I'm trying to convince him to blow
his TR-6 once he's done with his SD-1 restoration. ;{)

--
Erik Quackenbush N3ZVC, IC Engineering Manager, Scala R & D
1-610-363-3343 mailto:erik.quackenbush@scala.com http://www.scala.com