Re: leaky heater valve

To: libertyc <libertyc@erols.com>
Subject: Re: leaky heater valve
From: Michael Marr <mmarr@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 09:21:25 -0600
libertyc wrote:

> About a month ago, a spit owner got help on a leaky heater valve (screws
> into the head and is controlled via cable from dash).....well of course I
> didn't follow closely and now mine is leaking.  I vaguely remember
> someone suggesting messing with the packing in it.  Any one care to
> replay this one for me???
>
> Carl Huppert

I just repacked the heater control valve on my TR3A, which, I assume, is
similar to the Spit's.  There is a packing nut on the valve stem.  If
you remove this nut, you can then remove the old packing and repack the
gland.  You can buy valve packing from most hardware stores. You need
1/8" diameter packing.  My heater valve took two or three rings - yours
may differ.  Good luck!