TR-6 parts for sale

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 parts for sale
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik.quackenbush@scala.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 11:06:00 -0500
Cc: randell.jesup@scala.com
I'm just finishing one of those "turn two engines into one" projects and I
have a bunch of parts left over. Unless otherwise noted these parts are all
used but servicable and removed from a 1970-71 TR-6 with a running CC55xxx
series engine which had good compression and 98K miles on the odometer. All
offers cheerfully considered since I just guessed at most of these prices.
Returns will be accepted if you aren't happy once you get something.
There's not much more where these came from and I'm presently planning to
keep the starter, alternator, and water pump spares for myself. I'm in
Southeastern Pennsylvania.

These are from the engine described above:

Valve cover (original)                                  $20
Cylinder head (w/valves & springs but no rockers)       $165
Intake manifold (matches above)                         $75
Carbs (2)                                                       $125 each
Exhaust manifold (single pipe, w/usual surface rust) $50
Push rods (set of 12 standard)                          $29
Distributor (dual vacuum style)                         $75
Camshaft (2 dist. gears are worn, lobes look fine)   $75
Oil pan                                               $20
Fuel pump (mechanical)                                  $12
Oil pump (old style)                                    $35
Oil filter housing (standard)                           $15
Ignition coil                                                   $10

Misc (make an offer):

Engine mounts w/brackets (2)
Timing cover, pully, timing chain, etc.
Oil pressure relief valve
Rear engine mounting plate
set of used valve tappets (for paperweights only!)
Emissions canister w/plumbing
Most other engine hardware not mentioned
Smiths speedometer

These are from the dead CF28xxx engine:

Crank core (looks OK but it lost rod #3 at speed)       $75
Rocker assembly (#3 rocker arms are broken)           $75
5 complete piston assemblies (rods, rings, etc.)        $25 each
Decent 3 piece clutch w/sleeve (Borg & Beck)            $50

These were replaced with Panasports:

4 steel wheels                                           $50 each
4 wheel centers (silver w/badges)                                $20 for the set

These are brand new spares:

Bronze valve guides 2 intake, 1 exhaust                 $5
Vandervell thrust washers (std)                         $3
Head gasket (fits LATER recessed engines)               $5

--
Erik Quackenbush N3ZVC, IC Engineering Manager, Scala R & D
1-610-363-3343 mailto:erik.quackenbush@scala.com http://www.scala.com