Re: leaky heater valve

To: libertyc <libertyc@erols.com>
Subject: Re: leaky heater valve
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 20:20:49 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
libertyc wrote:

> About a month ago, a spit owner got help on a leaky heater valve (screws
> into the head and is controlled via cable from dash).....well of course I
> didn't follow closely and now mine is leaking.  I vaguely remember
> someone suggesting messing with the packing in it.  Any one care to
> replay this one for me???
>
> Carl Huppert

Contrary to Michael Marr's posting (no offense, Mike), the Spitfire/GT6 heater
valve is
not serviceable.  It's different from that of a TR3, and the only way to repair
it is to
... purchase it.

Yeah -- been there and done that ... w/my GT6.

Now -- if you really want to do it on the cheap, it is possible to use a
plumbing valve
of the same thread size, and just leave it turned on until April.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6