Spitfire For Sale (UK)

To: Triumph List <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire For Sale (UK)
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 21:21:34 -0800
Hi Everybody,
    Though I've not been around on the list for a while, I've been
pretty active on the Triumph front. I now need to sell my project
Spitfire to make way for another Herald (a 1959 saloon to keep the 1959
Coupe company!).
    If any UK based list members are interested, the Spitfire is an
early 1975 1500, Chassis No.FH767790. Colour is the original Sienna
Brown (yes, I know it's a disgusting colour!), the car has overdrive,
and the original engine is fitted (I've not tried starting it, but
expect the worst at 106,000 miles). There is a new Left Hand Rear Wing
and Rear Valance fitted, and the boot floor repairs look tidy and solid.
Floors and Sills will need to be properly done, but all the nasty areas
like the screen surround and bulkhead appear to be excellent. All chrome
is remarkably good. A new (OEM quality) hood was fitted in 1994, when
the car was in daily use. The hood frame is excellent. There is a steel
hard top with the car, but frankly, that's got more rust and filler than
steel!
    I am hoping for about £450 for the car which is located in Swindon,
Wiltshire. Contact me direct by e-mail,
    Thanks for reading this,
        Bill.

--

    ^================^      This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
 |_|                  |_|   1975 Spitfire 1500