Re: TR4 oil pressure

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov, brignolo@sutmyn.com
Subject: Re: TR4 oil pressure
From: EPaul21988 <EPaul21988@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 22:21:39 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-12-04 18:43:04 EST, amace@unix2.nysed.gov writes:

<< On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Giancarlo Brignolo wrote:

 > This is my question:
 >
 > I have a 1963 tr4. The engine has been rebuilt 5,000 miles ago, this was a
 > full rebuild, including oil pump.
 > I use castrol 20W-50. Looking at my oil pressure gauge, it shows 60 at idle
 > and 90 on the freeway. But, if i'm driving in the freeway for an extended
 > period of time, more than 30 minutes, my oil pressure drops from 90 down to
 > about 70, and if I get off the freeway and am idling, my idle pressure is
 > 40. I have checked many times my oil volume, and it was always full.
 > This happens every single time without fail.
 > Is this normal? Should I worry? What is the cause?

Giancarlo;
This oil pressure is perfect. 20W-50 is the best weight for a warm climate.
The changes in pressure you describe  are very normal.  You have no problems
with the oil pressure.  40 at idle after the engine is hot is great. Drive the
car and enjoy it.
Bob Paul
Corrales NM USA
TS7280L 1955 TR2