Z-Cars

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Z-Cars
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 20:10:46 -0800
Hey, there folks.

Until May of this year I was the owner of a '73 240z.  Now, I've had the
TR6 for 11 1/2 years, and I bought the Z in January of '95 up in Snohomish,
Washington to replace my '76 B210 4 door that had been stolen!!  (this was
the second time it was stolen!!!)  The TR6 was down in Medford, Oregon in
storage at my folks' place.  Anyway, I drove the Z for two and a half
years.  It is a much more complicated vehicle, but much more solid and
tight than the TR.  The motor is beautifully smooth, just like the TR's,
and has a little more power.  But, guess what?  When I got my TR runnin'
again after 6 years of storage in April of this year, which of the two did
I put up for sale?  That's right.  The Datsun.  What am I stupid?  You
think I was about to throw away 11 years of TR6 ownership for any other
car?  No way.  I've been drivin' the TR every day since the first week in
April.  The guy I sold the Z to has already totalled it, believe it or not.
(wasn't his fault, though!)  Anyway... I have always loved Z-cars, and even
the 510s... wouldn't mind havin' one, the 510s are very nice cars.  But,
the Triumph is king.  The Triumph stays.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6 CF10732