Re: TR-6 clutch slave cyl rebuild question

To: Bollen <Bollen@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: TR-6 clutch slave cyl rebuild question
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 20:43:25 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bollen wrote:

> Scott, is Castrol LMA really necessary these days? Its my understanding that
> the natural rubber components have not been made for years, and all parts
> are now synthetic rubber that can handle any DOT3 fluid. ( I still use LMA
> because I'm chicken to find out).  Tr6 goes in for paint next
> Tuesday(freezing raion forecast-only that day!). Stu

Stu:

You'd think so but as with you, I'm not taking any chances.  Anyway,
Castrol
LMA is readily available and doesn't cost any more, so why risk.....

What colour are you having the 6 painted?  It was 38 (wind chill in the
teens) here in central PA, but still took the car out for a nice
workout. Was great. Getting ready to install the new dash (teak), will
start
taking out all instruments tomarrow.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA