Vitesse with a TR6 Engine?

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Vitesse with a TR6 Engine?
From: "Jason" <chinn@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 20:37:03 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
I have a "basket case" restoration project languishing in my garage at the
moment. It's a 1971 Vitesse Convertible with what I think is a TR6 engine,
maybe a 2.5PI engine. It had a huge overdrive gearbox in it which was very
badly fitted and a shortened prop. It was a non runner when I got it and
that's how it's remained.
I think I'd like to restore it and keep the 2.5L PI engine, I've got a
proper Vitesse gearbox, overdrive and prop so the main bits are present but
I need some inspiration for the task.
Has anyone who's done this got some words of wisdom, any photos etc. Any
views on keeping this PI engine and what are the pros and cons. I've been a
member of the TSSC for like 13 years, only a few of them without a Vitesse
but most of them without a Vitesse on the road!

Jason
"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice Doggie!" till you can find a rock. "