RE: broken front Spitfire A-Arm<fc.000f69ba00124e3d000f69ba00124e3d.124e

To: JayB@sierravideo.com
Subject: RE: broken front Spitfire A-Arm<fc.000f69ba00124e3d000f69ba00124e3d.124e58@sierravideo.com>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 16:15:33 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK

>When I bought my Spit, I noticed that the mount for the left front sway bar
>was failing.

>When it finally did fail, I too wondered whether I should weld a piece in
>place, or

>come up with the $130 for a new A-arm.  While shopping around, I found that

How much???????????? Bloody hell, they are expensive here, but no-where near
that!!!($130 is approx 80-90 quid right?)

>a new A-arm was being advertised by www.spitbits.com for $70.

>I too would be interested to see if this is a common failure of these cars.

Yep, I'd say it is, I have had several break one various cars, the O/s one I
repaired and beefed up, the N/s side is still broke at the minute, makes for
interesting handling!!!! ;-)

Perhaps they don't break on some peoples cars coz' they don't drive 'em hard
enough!!! :-)

Rich
England.