tr6 u-joints

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tr6 u-joints
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:25:58 -0700
I just spoke with Greg at BPNW and found out that the U-joints they were
selling this summer for $60 (for all 6) are a brand called CHB (British
made) and **not** Quinton Hazell like I had originally feared. The CHB
ones are definitely less $$$ than the Hardy Spicer (at $17 each).

Greg also mentioned that their suspension parts (I assume ball joints
and tie rod ends and such) *are* QH brand if any of you are avoiding
this much maligned manufacturer.

He also informed me that the front engine mounts I seem to have on my
TR6 (see my earlier post about this) are from a Stag! (ie. the Stag
mounts were solid rubber, the TR6 mounts have the small cutaways on the
two small ends). And the TR6 mounts all had a washer beneath the nyloc
nut which threads onto the mount's threaded bolt (the washer is missing
on my car).

I would be interested in hearing what other TR6 owners find under their
hoods for engine mounts. My car is a very late TR6 (Jul 1976) and so it
is possible that they ran out of mounts and just reached into the Stag
parts bin I suppose.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada