GT6 Vertical Link interchangability

To: list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Ian Southwell <IanSouthwell@ApexSystems.COM>
Subject: GT6 Vertical Link interchangability
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 20:14:02 -0500
Ian Southwell  writes:

>Anyone ever heard of using a RH front suspension vertical link in-place
>of the LH one?  I've been told this is OK on GT6's (and Vitesse?) as
>they don't have any handed fixtures that are found on Heralds.  ie the
>only difference is the thread (and the trunnion).  The reason I ask is I
>am having difficulty obtaining a LH link.

> TIA
>
>Ian Southwell (Coventry, UK)
>GT6 Mk3 x 2

I can't speak for GT6's but the TR6 (and TR4A and TR5/250) have "handed"
Verticle links in that the trunion thread is reversed left to right and
using an RH link on the left side will force one to use an RH trunion and
the caster angle is built into the trunion.  Using the wrong trunion will
give you screwy handling.  I know from experience.  (I didn't do it, the
DPO did)

Dave (been there, done that) Massey, colonist

"Life is too bort to drive shoring cars"