VAN.

To: <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: VAN.
From: "Ron Roach " <rroach@sprint.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 22:04:10 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hi Trevor!  YUP!  I live in Vancouver and have to contend with the
"aircare" testing of my Spit. yearly.  I usually manage to get it to pass
after the third or fourth try, but that gets a little annoying at $18 a
shot.  And I only put a few thousand Kms  on it a year.  It would be nice
to get it to pass without having to lean the thing out to the point of it
barely running....I would like to reduce whats coming out of the tail pipe,
but putting it back to original cond. with all the emissions gear on it
wouldn't be worth the cost and time trying to track down the hardware.
Hell, the stromberg that was on there made the car run so rich and it was
rebuilt!  When I threw the 1 1/4 s.u.s on it was like night and day!  And
the gas mileage doubled!  I've never had luck with tuning strombergs- I
always found su's to be better, and the emissions levels were within
passing numbers, maybe the AN needles aren't quite lean enough at
idle(which is where the car always has trouble passing).
      Ron Roach
          /77 Spit