Re TR cylinder heads -

To: bschwartz@pacbell.net
Subject: Re TR cylinder heads -
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 13:13:58 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> History books show th petrol injection was "unable" to meet the new 1968
> emissions "laws" (guidelines?!?) and a pair of emission control Strombergs
> was hastily cobbled up.  Everyone else got injection.

>I read somewhere that this was not the case, and the reason was that BL would
>haveproblems servicing the unit in the U.S, because the technicians were not
>trained on Lucas
>F.I. Apparently the injection unit had quite low emissions.
I'd have to concur here.  I find it hard to believe that any fuel injected
engine runs "dirtier" than a carburetted one.  It was probably a logistics,
and possibly a financial, or monetary reason that the 'better', albeit more
costly fuel injection didn't make it to these shores.  JMHO :-)

Barry Schwartz
bschwart@pacbell.net