Spitfire kit car conversion!

To: Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire kit car conversion!
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 14:29:04 EST
In a message dated 97-12-18 12:29:49 EST, Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu
writes:

> Did I mention my next crazy project? I couldn't figure out what to do with
my '
> 71 Spit,
>  Iv'e considered a 6cyl, a Rover V8... but I think I'm going to practice my
> body work
>  skills instead --- rebody the 'lil sucker as a dirt track Sprint Car... I
> always wanted
>  an "Open Wheeler"....

Chris:

Do I have the plan for you! Check out the '48 Spyder kit car at:

http://www.hcds.demon.co.uk/hcds.htm

They've got just the thing for you. It's designed to use a Spitfire chassis,
and is a fantastic looking car which "was influenced by the Ferrari 166 Corsa
Spyder of 1948." If I didn't have more projects than I could ever finish, this
would be high on my list of "next projects." (the downside of getting old is
you don't have the time left to do all the things you want to do - the up side
is, it gets easier and easier to buy things that will last a lifetime). This
kit would be perfect for what you want to do! Thanks to whomever posted the
URL to the list.

> I'd probably build a Small block Chevy
> version...sorry, it's in my blood...yeah, I know the dist would be a
problem...

My choice would have been a Chevy also, but the Ford won out for practical
considerations. But, after dealing with the Ford, and learning more about it,
I am slowly being converted. If you would like, I will e-mail you a couple of
photos of a TR6 with a Chevy engine. I know nothing about it except for what I
can see in the photos, but it looks to be a super nice job.

Looks like I will need to hurry, if I am going to beat you to the punch! I can
see your '48 Spyder in my rear view mirror, and coming up fast!

PS: If your wife should ask, I know nothing of this. You can't blame it on me.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74