Re: TR6 Carb Jets - Where do you get them?

To: "Terry W. Geiger" <tgeiger@HiWAAY.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Carb Jets - Where do you get them?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 05:53:12 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
< snip >
>After checking the carbs,  I found the jet in the carb body is elongated
>(ie, they are no longer round).  My experience with SU's on the MGB has
>been if the jets are worn, the car will never run correctly so I assume the
>same is true for the Zenith.
Terry,
I'm afraid your out of luck.  The jet orifice in Strombergs is a pressed in
item and not replaceable, at least on later emission carb's, the ones you
adjust with a 'special' tool.  The needles are but the jet itself is not.
Apparently BL didn't want (or worry) about wearing these items out.  Your
only recourse is to 'ulp' replace the carb's.

Barry Schwartz
bschwart@pacbell.net