Re: Painting a TR6 Frame

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, rcs@centrec.com
Subject: Re: Painting a TR6 Frame
From: David Allinson - Telco Platforms Group Slough <David.Allinson@UK.Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 16:13:04 +0000 (GMT)
Chris,

Any information you get would you pass on as I have a TR3A chassis
I'll begin on in the new year.

So far I have heard that Hammerite is OK but can chip easily. And Waxoil
comes with injectors for proofing the inside of the frame, although
it is imperrative to ensure the frame is absolutly dry before starting.

I do have a friend who did his TR6 Chassis in black 2pak, a bit OTT
and costly if you ask me.

David Allinson

74 Stag :-)
58 TR3A, or a least it will one day.

{}  Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:49:31 -0600
{}  To: triumphs@autox.team.net
{}  From: Chris Schroeder <rcs@centrec.com>
{}  Subject: Painting a TR6 Frame
{}
{}  Group,
{}
{}  I am doing a frame-off restoration of my '75 TR6 and I am looking for
{}  advice regarding the best way to rust-proof and paint the frame.  It is
{}  fairly solid with some minor surface rust, so my focus will be on
{}  preserving what I have.
{}
{}  Specifically, I'd like input about:
{}  --The best type of paint to use (primer and final coat)
{}  --How to go about protecting the inside of the frame tubes
{}
{}  TIA,
{}  Chris
{}