re: young lbc owners (or warm and fuzzy Christmas thread)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: young lbc owners (or warm and fuzzy Christmas thread)
From: Rod Knox <rknox@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 12:23:51 -0800 (PST)
I was 17 when I bought mine and I've had it 23 years now. I fell in love
with the sound of my oldest brother's TR3 when I was 11 and always wanted
one. Children always love an open cockpit, guess we still do, eh?

Bill said I was allowed to jump over the side onto the seat once and only
once. I waited for the right time to come along but it never did.  My other
brother owns the TR3 now and he's pushing 50.

I always treated the 4A like a toy, thoroughly abusing it and working on it
every week. Nowadays with 2 kids, it's hard to justify the time and money
spent on the old dear but I still give it a good run every summer. I almost
sold it in '89 for a down payment on our first house but my wife vetoed
that. Turned out she had always dreamed of marrying a man with a sports
car. We found the money elsewhere. Two years ago I replaced the michelin
xas's that I bought in '76 as they finally wore through to metal. (that's
about 60-70,000 miles) Some day soon I hope to replace the cheap yellow
shag carpet I put in when I was 18... but I'm getting off the topic.

Sports cars are for the young and young at heart.
1967 TR4A
CT 67907
Victoria B.C. Canada
(purchased 1975)