Re: young lbc owners (or warm and fuzzy Christmas thread)

To: Rod Knox <rknox@horizon.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: young lbc owners (or warm and fuzzy Christmas thread)
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 16:55:59 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Rod Knox wrote:(Snip)

> I always treated the 4A like a toy, thoroughly abusing it and working on it
> every week. Nowadays with 2 kids, it's hard to justify the time and money
> spent
>
> Sports cars are for the young and young at heart.
> 1967 TR4A
> CT 67907
> Victoria B.C. Canada
> (purchased 1975)

There's a print ad for the new VW Passat that nails this on the head! It
states that suddenly you're 40, you stuck with the house and kids etc.
And, how when we get into this situation we stop having fun for
ourselves. The fun stuff is left for the  younger folk to enjoy. It
really rang true. Except for the part about running out and buying a new
VW to relieve the situation. Sorry, I still got my TR6 to prove I'M THE
BIGGEST KID on the block!