Re: AGE OF LBC OWNERS

To: vitesse@juno.com
Subject: Re: AGE OF LBC OWNERS
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 22:41:45 -0800
Cc: zimerman@MIT.EDU, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
vitesse@juno.com wrote:

> Well I'd like to jump in here and tell my tale of woe.

What woe, Hugh? You don't look 46 years old... well, not quite. <g>

> I got my first TR - a '65 TR4A with solid rear axle in 1970 at the age of
> 18.  On the ride home the generator melted the solder but I still loved
> the car.

Now I know what started your worries about electrical work.... <g>

Lessee, bought a `63 Spit in Hawaii while I was A PFC in the army in
1968... think I had eleven dollars a month after the note and the
insurance. But, it's a short drive to _anywhere_ on Oahu, and it was
pretty good on gas. Hmmm, then I inherited an MG 1100 when I got married
(and discovered that it was actually an Austin America in disguise <g>),
then the Spit was destroyed accidentally in a car cleanup campaign, and
then came the `62 TR4 (nice car, accidentally destroyed while parked by
a runaway 1939 International diesel tractor, driven by a terrified inner
city youth from Detroit). Then there was the 1960 850 Mini (50 mph top
speed, 50 mpg top mileage, 50 seconds to get into it, no matter what I
did). Then there was the long, long hiatus. Bought a `70 GT6+ in 1993
(currently suffering from my very bad case of shipwright's disease),
then a `72 GT6 as a parts car, and then, at the age of 50, decided I
couldn't wait to fix up the `70 GT6, and bought a `72 GT6 with a TR6
engine in it.... I'll never learn. <g>

> I did almost sell the 250 once....to get a boat!  I realized before it
> was too late that the boat would be nice, but the 250 was better.
>
> Never thought about letting it go since.

What? You'd not _negotiate_ a price on it, Hugh? <g>

Cheers, Hugh, and all. And hope you all have a good holiday and that
Santa knows what you want, even if he doesn't always know what it is....
<g>

--
My other Triumph runs, but....