Re: AGE OF LBC OWNERS

To: zimerman@MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: AGE OF LBC OWNERS
From: vitesse@juno.com
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 15:51:52 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Well I'd like to jump in here and tell my tale of woe.

I got my first TR - a '65 TR4A with solid rear axle in 1970 at the age of
18.  On the ride home the generator melted the solder but I still loved
the car.  Second year of college I decided I needed something more
dependable and got a big block Camaro.  Kept it for 9 months, and sold it
to get a '71 TR6.  That was in '72.  I've had a TR ever since, though not
always a running one.

I let the 15 yoa drive the 250 once....he doesn't like a stick I'm
ashamed to say, but I'm working on him.  The 14 yoa can't wait to get his
chnace at it.

I did almost sell the 250 once....to get a boat!  I realized before it
was too late that the boat would be nice, but the 250 was better.

Never thought about letting it go since.

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA
'68 TR 250, owned since 1980
'71 Stag '73 Stag