Re: Floor Jack

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Floor Jack
From: pearesto@totcon.com (pearesto)
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 12:24:40 -0800
I also have the Costco floor jack.  It is made by Allied.  The only problem
that I have encountered in 12 years are the bearings around the rear
wheels.  They broke about 1 year after buying it.  I have yet to fix them
but it still works fine even with the broken bearings.  It has been that
way for 11 years and I also used it for a small auto shop I ran for about 3
years.  Seems real durable, no complaints yet.  Definitely get jack stands
though.  I bought a set of cheap ones that work great from Discount Auto
Parts for $10.  They are 4 post and do a great job.  I had a car up on 4 of
them for 0ver 1 year and no problems.  Other than having to buy new ones
because the old ones were being used and I needed them.
John