Re: Original TR-6 owner's handbook

To: "Robert J. Snyder" <rjsnydercpa@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Original TR-6 owner's handbook
From: "Todd W. Sigety" <toddsig@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 11:51:49 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Robert J. Snyder wrote:

> I recently ordered an owner's handbook for my 1970 TR-6 from Walter Miller
> Auto literature.  The handbook is blue with North American edition on the
> front cover.  However, the information in the book covers a 1969 TR-6, eg.
> ignition switch on dash plinth.  Does anyone have an original 1970 or 1971
> TR-6 with an original handbook, and is yours the same as I am describing?
> The book does not have the model year of the car anywhere.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Snyder
>
> 1970 TR-6
> 1979 Spitfire

Bob,

Although it is in very poor condition, I beleive that I have an orignal
owner's handbook that came with my 1970 TR6, which I purchased last
year. It does include information on the locking ignition switch under
the steering column.

The cover reads

                Triumph
                TR6 (badge)
                Owner's Handbook

        Issued by
        STANDARD-TRIUMPH SALES, LTD
        COVENTRY, ENGLAND

        A member of the British-Leyland Motor Corporation

As you mentioned in your post, no dates are listed.  The back page says
printed in England by Warwick Prinitng Co., Ltd., Warwick. I may be
missing the semi hard cover, so there is no mention on the cover as to
the handbook being for North America.

Hope this helps.  If you need any addtional information from the
handbook please let me know.

Todd Sigety
1970 TR6
Alexandria, VA