Re: The LOS Award (was Re: young, younger, youngest?)

To: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: The LOS Award (was Re: young, younger, youngest?)
From: "Eric Bachman" <ebachman@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 10:15:58 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
If we are calculating Length of Suffering, it has to be cumulative.  Two
British cars are twice the headache as one (You can't include parts cars!)

I like the idea of the calculation, but it needs refining.  The proposed
equation:

Chronological Age (CA) minus Vehicle Age (VA) plus Years Owned (YO) = LOS

has problems.  Chronological age at time of purchase plus Years Owned will
always equal the owner's age.  Owner's age minus Vehicle Age doesn't provide
a true measure of the suffering.  If I purchased a '73 TR6 last year or
brand new in 1973, the LOS number is the same.  Maybe we should just go on
total years of ownership.

Any other ideas out there?

Eric Bachman
34 Years cumulative suffering