tr6 fuel lines - conclusion

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tr6 fuel lines - conclusion
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:44:11 -0700
A while ago I posted some questions concerning the replacement of fuel
lines in my TR6. The reason being that I seemed to be getting small
particles of rust in my carbs float bowls. I believed this residue was
contributing to my carbs (especially the rear one) flooding and leaking
gasoline.

Well I received many replies at the time and have learned a lot since
then. My carbs no longer leak. I reset the float levels and replaced all
the fuel lines from the tank to the carbs (the tank had been boiled out
last spring). I now know about bending lines, compression fittings and
flaring tools (although I used no flaring tools on this project). I
wanted to thank those who provided help and suggestions.

For those interested in what I did (at least in the engine bay) you can
check out http://www.cyberbia.com/peterz/tr6/carbs/fuel_lines.html for
some pictures I took of the completed assembly.

Thanks again and merry christmas to all!

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada