TR7 Sprint fresh-air duct

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR7 Sprint fresh-air duct
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 15:28:27 +1100 (EST)
Dear Listers,

The stock TR7 fresh-air duct doesn't fit behind a Dolomite Sprint head, and,
although I enjoy the smell of oil and petrol on a hot day, my passengers
complain.

Has anyone attempted to refabricate the duct? I think it might be bossible
to form a large indentation, cut it in half, and slip the two pieces into
place with some kind of clips or flange at the part. But I'm hesitant to
start without really knowing if it will work (the duct cost me $230 ten
years ago!).

Also, what can I use to replace the foam filter on the fresh air intake?
(Mine is slowly disintegrating and blowing into the cabin).

Merry Christmas, etc.
Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia