Re: magnesium wheels?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: magnesium wheels?
From: "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com> "magnesium wheels?" (Dec 22, 9:12am)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 12:09:39 -0600 (CST)
On Dec 22,  9:12am, karim.marouf@cancom.com wrote:
You could try to burn them. If they burn brightly, and melt a hole in your
driveway, then they are magnesium.  If they just melt then they are aluminum.
You will need to get them really hot, so try a Oxy/Acetylene torch....
On a serious note, I have heard that magnesium wheels wear out.  Anyone have
any details on this?

> Subject: magnesium wheels?
>
> [ text/plain
>   Encoded with "quoted-printable" ] :
I recently found a set of American Racing "Silverstones." I believe these

--
Jeff S. Hapke   Motorola CIPG Arlington Heights, IL