Re: Low Compression on Spit

To: NA Campiglia <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Subject: Re: Low Compression on Spit
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 00:12:19 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
It sure sounds like the new gasket is no good or poorly installed.  Why was
the gasket replaced?  You have all the signs of a leak between cylinders.
Possibly the face of the block or head face is damaged between the two
cylinders.  You may also have two sets of valves that are incorrectly
adjusted and are remaining open slightly.

John McEwen