Re: BMW Z3

To: pearesto@totcon.com
Subject: Re: BMW Z3
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (Gerhard Wiederholl)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 13:26:37 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

What is a true LBC....? Were there really many "one-country cars" in the last
40
years?

Examples:

The TR 4 was designed by an Italian and itīs engine is the copy of a Ciroen
engine.

The very first BMW (Bayerische Motoren Werke)car was a licensed copy of the
Austin 7(more than 40 years ago).

Triumph tryed hard to stay all British with the TR 6 by using an all British
FI-
system istead of using one of the already proven systems. However the
body-design and most bodypanel-tools came from Germany (Karmann).

Jaguar and Aston Martin were sold to Ford. Are these still real British cars or
are the cars just Fords with a bought logo-badge on it now?

Troy isnīt that wrong as many of you might think. The Triumph marque belongs to
Rover now and Rover belongs to BMW now. Maybe some time we can buy new Triumps
made by Rover as we can buy new MGs now. I read in a motor-mag that BMW is
thinking about it.

As you all know the Triumph marque has had more rebirthes than a tibetanian
monk.

Gerhard

TR 6
TR 7 RV

> And as far as being a true LBC (Little British Car), that does not work being
that it is German and all.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx