Re: TR4 brake problem

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 brake problem
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 13:09:25 -0500 (EST)
Haynes is probably right.  For confirmation, open up one of the bleeder
screws.  If brake fluid spurts out and your wheels then turn freely, then
it's time for a master cylinder overhaul or replacement.

On Sat, 27 Dec 1997, ArthurK101 wrote:

> Folks, any one have an easy solution to this problem?
>
> 1. Brake pedal hard as a rock - very little movement
>
> 2. Jacked up the car one wheel at a time.  Found:
>
> a) Passenger side rear binding - unable to rotate by hand (locked up)
> b) Driver's side rear binding - was able to rotate by hand but with much force
> necessary
> c) Both front wheels would rotate by hand but took some force. (I'm not sure
> how much force would be appropriate for the disk brakes).
>
> d) Handbrake cable loose at both rear wheels
>
> Accorrding to Haynes this looks like a problem in the Master cylinder by-pass
> port.
>
> Any suggestions/quick fixes.  "Hope springs eternal." :-)  Cheers. TIA

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us