Re: HS2 Carbs & Rim Sandblasting

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: HS2 Carbs & Rim Sandblasting
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 16:13:19 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, Brad Kahler wrote:

> 1)    When the engine is stopped there is a little puddling of gas in
> the throat of the carb body.  It doesn't appear to be excessive but
> should it be there at all?

I don't think that's right, but I can't offer any solutions at the moment.

> 2)    When sandblasting wheel rims, should the entire rim be sandblasted
> or just the parts that show.  When painting the rims won't the paint
> be chipped off when the tire is put back on?

One trick I read years ago in "Road & Track" or somewhere was to get the
rim completely prepped and primed inside and out. Finish coat the inside,
and by that I mean where the tire seats and the air hopefully remains.

Then, have the tire mounted but don't let them seat the beads. After
that, mask the tire (easy enough at this point) and paint the inside and
outside faces of the rim. Then you have the beads seated, the assembly
balanced, and you're all set.

One option, anyway....

--Andy