Re: TR 4A STRUCK BY VAN

To: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: TR 4A STRUCK BY VAN
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 10:37:03 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Justin,

The last time I got hit, I gave the guy a break by not calling the police,
and only managed to collect $350 of the $600 damage estimate before he
changed addresses. (There is a bright side, though: if I do most of the
repairs myself, I shouldn't be out-of-pocket; and, the damage to his old
Datsun wagon, in which he was tailgating my TR7 in heavy traffic, was enough
to write it off).

Nice guys finish last a bit too often, and it doesn't matter a bit what
culture the other one is from (although I believe foreigners are more likely
to adopt a persecution stance).

I like the 'disposable camera in the glovebox' idea. I'm gonna do it.

If I had a really expensive car, I'd put spy cameras in the headlamps,
taillamps, etc., with a mini-video (or flash card) recorder actuated by the
alarm system's sensors!

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia