Re: TR-2,3,4,A - Engine oil in the radiator. What to do?

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR-2,3,4,A - Engine oil in the radiator. What to do?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 10:01:19 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
  <   snip .
>It looks to me like I shouldn't drive it anymore, but instead, remove the
>head and see if the head gasket is toast (possible - since the car sat idle
>from '67 until '95) or if the head is cracked or warped.  Any other
>suggestions at this point?
*****************************
With every thing else you mentioned, it's definitely time to totally
rebuild the engine, and yes, do not drive it in this condition, or you will
surely make matters worse.  As for a cracked head, unlikely but not
impossible.  More than likely you just have a bad/blown/eroded head gasket
(especially after sitting that long) but the only way to tell is to remove,
and fix/replace/rebuild what's needed-

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle)