Electric cooling fans

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Electric cooling fans
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 12:16:02 -0500
I sure agree about putting an electric fan in your car to replace the
belt-driven one.  I did it with my TR-3, which was seriously overheating.
The disadvantages are:  1) It's no longer authentic.  Important if you show
your car.  I just drive mine.  2) The hand crank can't be used any more,
the fan is in the way.  I never used it anyway.  The advantages are:  1) It
NEVER overheats any more!  The temp. gage sits at 185F like the pointer was
painted on, on the hottest summer days even when stuck in traffic.  Never
moves.  I bought it from Brit Vic along with an adjustable thermostat which
turns it on after the car heats up.

I mounted it in front of the radiator.  The belt-driven fan is still in
place, and they both work together.

I heard about other tricks like switching to a TR-4 fan, 4-bladed and
bigger, but never tried it.

Sumner Weisman, Framingham, Mass.