Re[2]: Bosch Platinum Plugs

To: "gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk" <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>, "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re[2]: Bosch Platinum Plugs
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:35 -0800
Cc: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "dlangton@cnx.net" <dlangton@cnx.net>
Trevor wrote:

Gernot Vonhoegen wrote:
> IMHO platinum plugs are a waste of money and a sales gimmick.
__________
     I used to think so, but I am not sure. I had a long battle getting my
     1970 MGB to run for the first time in a while. There was a short while
     where I could get it to ALMOST run and puff some smoke but not stay
     running.It would only do this with Bosch Platinum plugs. I original
     started alternating sets of plugs as I cranked it to keep one set
     drying and clean. But the Champions never showed any life, and the
     Bosch plugs ALMOST started the car which kept me trying that day.
     Yeah, but did it ever start?

     Ross D. Vincenti
     64 Spitfire 4
     64 Porsche 356C Coupe