Re: Bosch Platinum Plugs

To: "John T. Nichols" <jtnichol@m4.sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Bosch Platinum Plugs
From: Jay Wassall <wassallj@philly.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 19:34:40 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I had a couple Moto Guzzi motorcycles (v-twin high compression pushrod
engines) and they would foul plugs real easy if idled or run at low RPMs
very long.  It was common to start the bike and have it run on one
cylinder for a minute until the other plug began firing.  I was swapping
new plugs out almost weekly to make it easier to start.  Bosch platinum
plugs solved the problem, you could run them for months without fouling
them out.  The Guzzi riders swear by them.

--
Jay Wassall MOA#27761
1973 BMW R75/5

http://www.philly.infi.net/~wassallj