TR-6 Bottom End Rebuild

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR-6 Bottom End Rebuild
From: "Richard W. Leopold" <rleopold@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 22:06:40 -0400
I'm planning on replacing the bottom end bearings in my 75 TR-6 (54k) in
an attempt to cure low oil pressure when fully warm. Before I drop the
pan I have some questions for the collective experience of the list:

TRF was out of stock on main bearings. They make a point of noting that
they only carry  Vandervell bearings. Is this significant or are others
equal? Do any of the other suppliers carry these?

Any thing special about sequence? Mains first? Rods first? Remove all
caps at once, or one at a time?

Is it recommended to use an assembly lube on the bearings?

Anything else that I should know?

TIA,

Richard Leopold