Re: "clunk on fast acceleration"

To: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>, Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: "clunk on fast acceleration"
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 18:50:09 -0700
>Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 11:14:21 -0400
>From: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>

>I also have a "clunk", usually only once, when going from standing to
acceleration.
>I have had my Ujoints replaced, so I'm wondering if it might be the
diff mounts.
>Sirmoog

Could this be brake related?  I get a similar sound going from a stop,
especially after backing up.  My diff mounts appear good, with
reinforcement brackets welded in.  I had a clicking sound under
acceleration when test driving the car.  With the PO, we replaced the
outer u-joint and this cured the problem.  The current sound is
different.  It is a single clunk upon movement from a stop.  Appears to
be from the right rear.  The brake hoses have all been replaced, the
master cylinder and rear wheel cylinders have been rebuilt, and the
system has been flushed

Brian Kemp
72 TR6